Monday, December 31, 2012

GREEN Monster Smoothie!!

Let me just start by telling you the thought of drinking liquid spinach did not appeal to me.  I don't like weird textures, funky smells or even looking at ingredients mixed together that are out of the normal.  My throat knots up, my mind takes over and usually before I can even bring the food/drink to my mouth I have convinced myself it is NOT for me.   So how can it be that I really LIKE this smoothie? 

I can HONESTLY tell you this smoothie is very good.  It tastes mostly like banana with a slight hint of peanut butter and It is a great source of vitamin A, C, K, iron, folate and lutein.  

Here are the ingredients - I hope you will give this a shot because it truly is a great source of protein and fiber and great vitamins!

Ingredients:

1 frozen sliced banana
1 Tablespoon peanut butter
1/2 cup 0% Vanilla Chobani Greek yogurt ( I used Oikos Vanilla Greek Yogurt)
1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze (or other kind of milk)
4 cups baby spinach (or more, or less)

Directions:  Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.

Nutritional stats:  350 calories, 10g fiber, 21g protein

We would love to hear what you think about this great recipe!!!  Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for more ideas and tips on healthy living and alternative healing options!!  


Missy Briggeman

Empowering Patients · Educating Minds · Healing Bodies



701 W. Queens St. Suite 100
Broken Arrow, OK 74012
918-994-4810
918-994-4816 Fax







No comments:

Post a Comment